Today, while the studio was unexpectedly busy, I used the time to redesign my retro and boudoir photography portfolio website, ReverieRevel.com. I realized that I have so many blog posts, dating back to late 2010, and I needed a format to better showcase my cumulative years of photoblogging. I also didn’t renew my subscription to iThemes (yet), and the older version of my base theme needed updating as it wasn’t fully functional with the latest WordPress core update.
I used my website design and css skills, and modified the look and feel from this base template from WooThemes. Since I can obviously read my own mind, and have a clear vision of what I want, this took about 3 hours total.
Now, don’t take this impulsive use as a sign that I’m abandoning iThemes: iThemes is more easily customizable and it’s great for different look and feel for different pages, and is the framework that I start with on creating corporate sites and for most clients. iThemes is simply the best, if you think you might want to change page layouts, create landing pages, or extend your website beyond the usual “templates” in the future.
I’ve been impressed with WooCommerce, which I use on VintageReveries, and I think their basic themes look pretty slick. However, I could have built pretty much the same thing with iThemes today; although it would have been more of a matter of finding the plugins that would give the functionality included with the Wootheme theme… sometimes I just like to try new things, and this theme was super simple to customize!
To celebrate my photography portfolio redesign:
I am creating a special discounted WordPress portfolio design rate of only $200 for the first three photographers, makeup artists, or models who complete this offer.
This will include:
- Complete WordPress set up and installation
- Portfolio website with up to 5 pages set up – you will have the ability to easily add more
- Basic theme customization to match your colors and branding. Choose any theme from:
- Email set up – so that email@example.com will get to you, this looks much more professional than using a gmail address.
- SEO structure built in – automatic pinging of search engines, friendly URLs, automatic sitemap generation…
- The ability to password protect individual posts
- Social sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- … and more!
This is a $500 dollar value
You will need to provide:
- Hosting with HostGator – and give me access to the back end so that I can set things up
- Your own domain name (I will help you point it to the right place!)
- A logo – or specify what free font you want me to write the name of your site in – Dafont.com is a great place to start
- The background you’d like for your site (http://www.grsites.com is a great place to start)
To qualify for this special offer: You must be a photographer , makeup artist, or model. Sorry, other businesses are not included… though sign up for my newsletter on KMurrayCreative incase I ever offer another special like this!
The fine print: Because this is a special offer, I expect the nonrefundable $200 fee up front. 2 proofs will be sent before incurring additional fees, and you will have 30 days to approve the design of your site once payment is received. You must host on hostgator for this offer to be valid. A written contract will be signed before proceeding, as this protects both of us. This is a $500 value, and not redeemable for cash or other services. This offer expires February 28th.
Feel free to share this with your friends!