I am the type of person who, when I get bored, I play around online and make websites. Pushing myself to do better on my own 2am inspirations, is what really got me into providing website design services for other people.
Right now, I’m “sitting on” or neglecting focusing on the following sites and ideas:
- SelfShotMagazine.com – THIS is a site that I really want to get into more. I want to write about everything to do with self shooting: tutorials, reviews on cameras based on self portraiture, spotlight self portrait artists, and more. I think that this is a really good idea, and could be profitable. I just need to work more on it. Right now, it’s on a theme that I’m not crazy about, and auto-posting self portrait re-blogs from Tumblr.
- WelcomeStLouis.com – My original idea was to review everywhere I went… but then I stopped being single and we got into a rut. It’s also very difficult to do a review site all by yourself. I got distracted. Cute design and I love the logo and colors! Not sure what I’m going to do with it….
- WeShootModels.com – I’ve had THIS idea for a LONG time. Ever since I lived in California on the beach. My original idea was to make it into an amateur photography and amateur model club…. my boyfriend still thinks that my original business plan from 2006 is solid. My website design skills have dramatically improved and now I can build the community features that I envisioned. With the new space at the office devoted exclusively to studio space, and with my huge vintage clothing collection to re-sell, I plan to be re-developing it very soon.
- TheCluelessBlonde.com – I want to act like a clueless blonde, kinda like a goofy version of Socrates, and broach deep issues and philosophize! Do you know how hard it is to get out there and self record yourself? I always get a case of the nerves and procrastinate. I made one or two clips, and posted them on Youtube under that name, but I am such a perfectionist…!
- STLGreenScene.com – I came up with this idea with a friend, and it was originally STLCleanScene.com … when we parted ways, she changed the design. I wanted to show it off, so put it on the similar domain, StlGreenScene.com. Unfortunately, eco-friendly is something I believe in, but not my passion. I think it has really cool functionality and branding, though.
- MrBooBird.com – I really need to develop my cockatoo’s fan club I got so overwhelmed last year. He even has his own Twitter account and I was spending WAY too much time tweeting about him and blogging about him last year. I have no idea my vision on this site, but nonetheless I feel like I should do something with it.
- ModelingSafety.com – I made this after hearing horror stories from models I shot. It was going to be a model-only area. I dropped it because I really don’t like focusing on the negatives. I should probably develop it into a clearinghouse for information about modeling safety and try to make money from Google adwords.
- AlmostTweeted.com – Right now, nothing on it. I made a cool logo of a dead Twitter bird for it. My original idea was that people would have the ability to post temporary tweets, like snarky things about the boring people they were out with. People could pay to make their almost-tweets last longer or shorter (the default time would be about 12 hours). I came up with this idea on an incredibly boring blind date, and bought the domain name from my cell phone while he was in the bathroom. I never developed it, because I can’t write that kind of advanced code that such a site would require.
- I also have thephotographerportfolio.com, theretrosite.com, mytherapistsite.com, and mywordpressnetwork.com which I should probably make into cool sites.
… any ideas, offers to collaborate, offers to buy, or comments would be extra appreciated!