This year, I’ve shot more photos of dogs, birds, and exotic animals, than ever! It’s given me renewed inspiration in my photography. Volunteering and community involvement have always been my ways to center myself, gain new skills, and meet new people. It’s been tons of fun doing so much pet photography, event photography, and photo booth style photography.
So far, this year, I’ve taken photos at and for:
- 2015 STAR Avian Rescue Calendar, photography, styling, and creative direction
- Bark in the Dark – fundraiser for the Senior Dog Project
- St. Charles Wedding Expo – with Fun Photo Events
- STAR Avian Movie Night – I didn’t have time to take photos personally, but I coordinated the photobooth, event photographer, and other volunteers. I helped lead the organization and production of the event in its entirety.
- St. Louis Style Week, with exotic birds (including my own Boo and Arthur), for STAR Avian Rescue
- Wolf Fest 2014 for the Endangered Wolf Center – I ran the photo booth and worked with volunteers to create an efficient and fun photography experience with a kangaroo, alligator, hawk, fox, and other exotic animals.
I will be updating my portfolio, and this blog, with samples soon!